September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

August 21st, 2018 Leaning into loss, to find my way...


I was in Leena's room, and she asked me "what?"... surprised, I answered "I was looking at your curtains, and remembering when I made them... I'm sad that I can't do that anymore... does that make sense?"... Leena nodded.

I feel, sometimes, like everywhere I look there is something that reminds me of something I used to be able to do... I don't think what I'm dealing with is all about PTSD Anxiety, though that's real... underneath that, I've been scared to deal with all kinds of loss, both large and small.

I feel like I'm the same person I was 7 years ago, and totally different. That's not being negative, it's reality - there's a big difference. I don' think it's all about negative thinking - rather, it's time for me to grieve.

I started vision therapy (VT) 5/13 - 1 year and 8 months after I got sick... Neurologically that's an incredibly long time... they say when someone has a stroke, that seconds count... I've made progress in VT - a LOT of progress - but I still have challenges... getting beyond a certain point in some areas feels - stubbornly - out of reach.

I think it's time - before my daughters winter break - for a break from VT - perhaps a couple of months.. a break that isn't dependent on my daughters' schedule, though I want to wrap up my VT a bit.

I don't know what kind of mental health therapy feels right for me right now - I need to talk with my current therapist, and a couple other people, and find out what my options are.


I think I need to deal with this hole in myself, this knot of emotion... I need to lean into my loss, to find my way...to be able to really look around, and say "OK, so what have I got?".


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to August 21st, 2018 Leaning into loss, to find my way...

  1. Best wishes with this stage. Thank you for continuing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. There are lots of things I can no longer do and I think about it and miss it so. One thing I can say that vertigo has taught me is think outside the box. For Example, I cant use things that vibrate. I bought a roomba vacuum. I sweep instead of vacuuming. I try to come up with another way that I can do things and if I cant I ask for help.

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.