September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

July 31st, 2018 Progress Report - "Never too late to learn"...


I saw Dr. Margolis (developmental optometrist) for the first time in a while for a Progress Report (PR). He was happy with my progress, and I said it felt good, though I'm still nervous about my progress.  I realized it's the first time in a while I could say definitively "yes, here's what's better." He also commented that dealing with switching between far and near glasses was a more sophisticated problem.

He still wants to work on improving my convergence. We also talked about working on what he calls visual motor coordination, as well as some issues that will help me be able to socialize more - he specifically said he understands that I'm isolated. I told him about working with a new CBT therapist, having figured out I have PTSD Anxiety, and trying to re-approach however far I can get with reading... I said I knew the only way to find out was to try, to which he said "that's right... good for you...".

Finally, he emphasized an approach I liked re sensitivity... he said it's all about pacing, and that for someone who's sensitive even a second or two, or a minute (depending on the activity) is effective, has an impact.

I keep thinking that I like what one of his convergence-testing tools says - you can see if when it's in front of your face - "Never too late to learn".

I went ahead and made my next PR appointment - I caught myself thinking "Oh, I don't need to do that right now," and then I said to myself "yes, you do, because you're still working, and he'd tell you if he thought there was no more possibility of improvement. So YOU need to believe in yourself!".

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.