September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

October 13, 2019 An informed patient, & time...



This picture makes me think of a slow, gradual journey... 

My gastroenterologist diagnosed my irritable bowel syndrome - IBS - about two and a half years ago. I remember he explained about how the intestinal nervous system gets confused, and involved when there's migraine issues. IBS is, apparently, a common diagnosis when migraine conditions are present. This info was very helpful. I can have only mild migraine symptoms, and also have distinct IBS symptoms (sometimes in the moment, sometimes delayed).

My doctor prescribed IBGard. Unfortunately, he didn't give me any directions on how to take it. I wish I had asked more questions at the time. I have now, finally, educated myself by looking at the IBgard site, which thought somewhat repetitive, is also pretty informative. I listened, and now understand much more about IBS, how IBGard works, and how to use it.

It's going to take time for me to recover - at least a few weeks. Hopefully not more than that. If I'm not seeing definite improvement in a month, I'll contact my doctor, but  I know it's too soon now. One of the main ingredients in healing, is time. It's so hard to be patient. I hate that setbacks feel like they hit so suddenly, but recovery is always a gradual process. But that's how it is.


One day at a time.
One day at a time... keep breathing... take care of myself.... one day at a time.

Note: please consult your doctor for a diagnosis, and for treatment. What I'm sharing here is not meant to take the place of medical advice.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.