September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 30, 2020 - changes, & thinking outside the box



I had the opportunity to talk this week with Ann (vision therapy) about how to be flexible with my home therapy, about thinking outside the box... about trying things to see what baby steps that work for me might look like.

Dr. Margolis told me - both by phone, and in person - that based on his years of experience, and knowing me, he truly believes I can still make progress.

After all these conversations, I'm looking around at my environment very differently now.


I realized that over a 6 month period, there were 4 major visual changes in my home environment -

1) removing carpet in most rooms to show wood floor, which resulted in seeing all those patterns.

2) getting new living room windows which were clear compared to the old, clouded up windows, so the light comes in much more.

3) finally fixing our old gas light on our front lawn, but unable to still keep it gas, it now has a daylight bright light bulb, which creates stripes when it shines through our vertical living room blinds. I close the blinds when it's dark out.

4) new dining room chairs - vertical strips of wood for the backs, and regular vertical wooden legs. The old chairs were unusual, upholstered chairs.

The place mats currently on our dining room table are blue and white striped place mats, which I turned over so now they are just dark blue.

I covered the piano keyboard (it's electric so it doesn't have a cover like a regular piano).


Always things to learn about. Learning is good - it's good for the brain. And just like a baby, I want to learn, to keep moving forward... gradually, enjoying the view along the way.



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.