September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 18, 2020 Baby steps... try... be present



Three things I know -
1 - my depression is situational - grief of loss, feeling stuck...

2 - my anxiety is rooted in my PTSD, from the sudden onset of my illness... when my fight or flight gets triggered, it's scary

3 - Trying anything new can be a trigger... so baby steps... baby steps...

Going forward -
No longer having convergence insufficiency is good - strange to think it's gone, but good... 
This opens the door to more work, hard work to further integrate my vestibular and visual systems...

still going to be challenging, hard work, not everything will work... gradual... and baby steps... try to challenge but not overwhelm...


Very little watching of movies, listening to audio books since my setback - sensory overload was too much... I want to get back these back in small pieces... this means changing habits - finding when during the day this works, trying... Experimenting...

AND give myself credit for what I'm trying...

AND be present... do the best I can to find some balance between therapies, responsibilities, self-care, and enjoyment... living...
Be present.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.