September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

June 20th, 2019 Vision therapy - vectogram, puzzle, laser toy



I did a variety of tasks today, working on a variety of skills, which means continuing also to work on integration.


I worked with a vectogram - this one, as you can see from the picture, was of a large container of popcorn with kernels floating around it, some kernels appearing further away than others.  



I used this to work on convergence and divergence, and depth perception. Depending on how Ann moved the plastic sleeve, the image either appears closer, and smaller or appears further away and larger.  

Further away and larger is diverging, and actually just as important as converging.  It's also important to be able to switch between the two, since we switch our gaze multiple times during the day.

The other picture is of a child's puzzle.  This had been turned into a vision therapy exercise by taking a picture of the puzzle, & adding lines to make the grid.  To use this for a vision therapy exercise, the puzzle pieces are taken out, the picture is in front of me, and then I fill in the puzzle.  This means that a flat picture grows into a raised picture with a 3-D quality to it.


I was able to complete the puzzle, and we used the picture and the puzzle in a variety of ways – different angles, holding the picture up, so that I was looking up at the picture, and then down at the puzzle .

I also used a laser toy – a small green light - to trace lines that Ann drew on a chalkboard.  I did this while sitting in a different chair facing the chalkboard.

I ended by asking her some questions about how to use my Brock string. She recommended 3 reps for 3 seconds each, & build from there.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.