September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

June 16th, 2019 Letter to James - what about rehab?




June 16th, 2019
Letter to James Clear
(Yes, I'm actually sending this letter :-) )

Hi James - since you don't have an e-mail address that you respond to, but you shared an old-fashioned paper mail address, I decided to try that.

I've listened to your book Atomic Habits, & I loved all the scientific evidence that you cite in your book. My one big disappointment however, is that other than sharing your story in the intro, you don't refer in your book to rehabilitation.

I'm doing neurological rehab - specifically Feldenkrais, vision therapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy. I would have loved to have heard, throughout your book, how you used the habits you were learning, in your personal journey of recovery.  I think this would be a real service to anyone - in addition to myself - who's doing rehab. Also for people who are living with any number of disabilities -both visible and invisible. I believe there are unique issues in these circumstances.

Perhaps you have written about this - if so, I'd very much appreciate having access to this writing.  If not, I hope you'll consider writing about this in the future.  You could help SO many people.

Thank you, & I look forward to hearing back from you.
Tamar Schwartz, AKA Visible Person, Invisible Problem (blog site name, & Public FB page name)

(actual letter has my home address, phone no., & e-mail address - I hope he responds)



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.