September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

April 27th, 2019 Recognizing progress




Looking back at my rehab, I can't help thinking how little I knew what to expect, & how much I've learned... which makes me wonder what lies ahead... I have so much more in my "tool kit" than I did even 2 yrs ago...

I also can't help thinking that as much as has been learned - not just by me, but the people I'm fortunate enough to work with - there's still so much to discover.

I know that everyone who's part of my medical team works hard to keep up with neurological research, & that can directly benefit me - I've been told "when I read/watched, etc. this thing, I thought of you..." - that's cool - their dedication means a lot to me.

I still get caught up in very unhelpful automatic thoughts, but more often I'm able to recognize this, and gain clarity.  That's progress.

I'm looking forward  - yes, actually looking forward - later this week, to getting my reading/near glasses with the prisms as part of the new prescription.  Progress again.

Life doesn't always go as planned, & it's how I/you respond that matters... as I start to believe in myself more, have more confidence, I'm thinking less about what happened, & more about simply trying to move forward... Progress.

The only thing I know for SURE - & yes, I've said this before, but it's a simple truth that's worth repeating - is right now.... I'm trying really hard to be in the moment, especially if it's a good one. A step toward progress...



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to April 27th, 2019 Recognizing progress

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.