September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

April 21st, 2019 Wow, what a week!




Wow, what a week! I was out 6 days in a row, including Passover Seders on Fri. & Sat., AND I did an additional outing in the afternoon on Sat.!

I still think doing an outing on the same day as vision therapy or Feldenkrais is too much right now, but I'm letting myself think about things - like my 40th high school (yup, 40th) reunion in June - that I never would have before.

Always reminding myself of what I have control over, and what I don't, what I am responsible for, and what I'm not... and remembering to pay attention to the little things that really aren't little -

watching a video on YouTube I wouldn't have before

washing not one but two pots

sometimes holding cosmos leash, even when Ron is on a walk with me

taking taxis more, which means sometimes taking unfamiliar routes to familiar destinations

successfully revisiting syntonics in VT

probably transitioning to an Rx with prisms in my readers

beginning to feel like PTSD isn't going to go away, but can become quieter

Doing the best I can - I get hung up on that word "best" -
best doesn't have to be awesome, amazing, or incredible... it's giving the best I have at that moment... if my best at the moment is great, then that's cool, but if not, that's OK too... I'm human.

I don't know what I'm going to do "when I grow up" - I'm trying to focus on now, AND on making as much progress as possible, now that I'm finally at a place where that can happen.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.