September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

October 1st 2015 Software update on updates....

NOTE:  Please copy and paste into Google Translate to listen if needed.

I've mentioned the voice recognition program, Dragon Naturally Speaking - made by Nuance - a number of times, and have been getting e-mails about a sale on a newer version.  I also kept hearing about the Windows 10 update, which is free.   My computer's been acting up lately, so I decided to go with the updates available. 

So far, visually I like Windows 10 better.  It has a cleaner, crisper look.  Although the navigation isn't identical, it's close enough to Windows 7 that the learning curve is fairly easy.  Everything seems to flow smoothly as far as opening up tabs, screens or sites.  Hopefully I will no longer have the slow loading, and generally problematic running that had me re-starting my computer frequently.  Dragon also seems to be running more smoothly, and quickly.

Ron checked that the new version of Windows was compatible with the update of Dragon I wanted to get - that was important.  Because I already had the software on my computer, I didn't have to reacquaint the software with my voice.  My profile was automatically updated.  However, the initial introduction of your voice to the computer isn't that difficult, and the software learns more as you use it more, and update your profile. 

Installing the updates would have been visually difficult without Ron's help, so if you have any functional vision problems, I'd recommend having a family member or friend help you out.  Although Dragon is an expense, it's not in the range of some software programs (I've heard some photo editing software is really pricey), and I think it's worth it.  The audio feature of Google Translate is a good tool, and combined with Dragon, there's so much more available to me online. 


So for anyone who's on the fence about whether or not to use these software tools, and using their computer presents challenges, Windows 10 and Dragon Naturally Speaking are programs to seriously consider.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to October 1st 2015 Software update on updates....

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.