September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

March 14, 2020 - The Atlas of Happiness, and COVID-19



My husband Ron, who will be 65 in July, and I (59 in May) have never experienced anything like this COVID-19, and how it's impacting the world. First of all, please make sure you get your info from reliable sources! And wash your hands!


Ironically - or not - I just finished listening to The Atlas of Happiness: global secrets on how to be happy, by journalist Helen Russell. The narrator, Peter Holdway, was wonderful. She writes, from A to Z, about the culture, some history, and happiness of 33 different countries. All in bite size essays.



I think it's very good timing because everything shutting down is, to borrow my daughter Leena's term - soul crushing.

Anyway, here's my take-away during these challenging times:

1) Use your phone, and talk to friends and family - no not texting, conversations! There's nothing that replaces the sound of another human voice, and even laughing together. Humans are social animals, and we have to still find ways to connect.

2) Get outside - take a walk if you can, and really take in the trees, grass, sky and sun. If you can't take a walk, at least take a chair out and enjoy being out of your house. Spring is coming, and things will grow even during these COVID-19 times.

3) Do something you enjoy - preferably with your hands. Crafting (this is apparently big in the good old USA), drawing, paying attention to your pets. Pay attention to ANYTHING that's positive. Watch a good movie, find a good book.


And I'm reminding myself, that eventually, this too shall pass. In the meantime, I'll hug my husband, and snuggle my pets.  I don't know what's coming next, but I'm determined to still find pieces of life to enjoy.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.