September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

October 18th, 2017 Help for my mental health: medicine...

Getting sick in September 2011 was literally overnight, and life altering for me, and it also had - and continues to have - a major impact on my immediate family, particularly Ron...

I believe speaking about mental health problems is the best way to fight stigma... so I'm sharing that I feel anxiety and depression because of my vestibular migraine condition, and my vision disorder...

It can be draining, and exhausting... my frustrations, disappointments, etc. invade my thoughts, my sleep, sometimes disrupt my sleep... so I've decided - finally - to seek out a psychiatrist to help me find an anti-anxiety med or anti-depressant... I'm very sensitive to side effects, and sometimes ingredients can cause a migraine, so I'm worried about finding a med.... but it's worth a try, and I want to believe there's something out there that can help me...

I'm not going to stop my therapies, but I need more to help me deal with what happened to me... I want a med that will cushion - a little bit at least - the pain of loss, of sadness, and soften the edges of anxiety... I want things to be a little be easier... it's time... I'm ready.... so here's hoping I can find something with a psychiatrists' help...


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

5 Responses to October 18th, 2017 Help for my mental health: medicine...

  1. Am I reading a page from my own diary? I have vestibular migraine syndrome with a vision disorder (binocular fusion). It puts tremendous strain on my relationship with my husband. I feel like I've lost all my dreams in life.

    I finally accepted the fact that I have depression and anxiety and sought help this year. I'm also extremely sensitive to medication but finally found one that takes the edge off. I hope you find a psych who has experience with chronic illness. That made a huge difference for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind sharing what med you found helpful. I am hoping to help my mom find something and will be meeting with her and a new psych doctor. Thank you, and I’m glad you found some relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I'm responding to this so late.. I hope your mom's doing better... I'm on fluoxetine which is the generic of Prozac, and mirtazapine which is the generic of Remeron, and I just started taking NAC which is an antioxidant... But what's right for me might not be right for somebody else

      Delete
  3. I also suffer from VM and PPPD ... My life has been he'll since 2010 when things first started and gradually got worst over the years !!! I was just finally diagnosed this year and although it is and will be a hard battle at least I can put a name to what people seem to think was all in my head ... i sympathize with anyone suffering with a silent chronic disease because we all look fine on the outside but no one can understand the living he'll we face on a daily basis on the inside ... stay strong !!!

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.