September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 1st 2016 It's your turn...

To listen: copy and paste into Google Translate, click "speaker" icon.

Please check blog site for comment replies - thanks!

I've tried to share about myself in the hopes that people will have some understanding of my invisible disorders.  I hope my writing is informative, honest, and hopeful - that is always my intent.  I plan to keep sharing snapshots of my world, but I'd like to cast a broader net.

To that end, to everyone who has read my pieces, it's your turn to speak out - I'd like to hear from you.  Tell me about a typical day, a success, or something that's a particular challenge.  Whatever you share doesn't need to be long, and if you don't follow me on FB (though I hope you do :-) ), you can comment on my blog site.  I always check for comments, and then you'd need to check back on the site for my reply.  You can also tell me you'd like to talk to me, to figure out what you want to share.  You can message me on FB - for those of you seeing my writing for the first time, my FB page has the same name as my blog site, Visible Person, Invisible Problem.   

I'd like to incorporate my readers' stories into future blog pieces.  I won't surprise anyone; we'll communicate, and I'll make sure I have your permission.  I may do editing, but I want to be sure I'm sharing what you want me to say.  I'll need to see what works best for me, and the person whose story I'm sharing.  If I get deluged, I won't share everything at once - I'll have to see what happens.  However, I'd really like to do this because I think the more stories we share, the more we can support each other AND raise awareness.  Supporting each other is important, but speaking out and helping people to gain a better understanding of vestibular/vision disorders is also really important.

Finally, please share stories about caregivers - family members, friends, medical professionals - anyone who is part of your support system.  November is National Caregiver Month, so I'm hoping to share some stories about the people who help you cope.


Thank you - I look forward to hearing from you all!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

4 Responses to November 1st 2016 It's your turn...

  1. There are no 'typical' days for me. I got out and voted, a huge accomplishment for me! I survived another Halloween, 30 year anniversary of husband being hit by a drunk...Yesterday was hell, today I'm exhausted. But, I survived...regardless of the ghosts of Halloween 1986...That's over. Love and appreciate your blog Tamar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to my gp because I had a awful dizziness that kept happening around every 30 minutes after doing some decorating and wiping the skirting boards when the episode happened I was unable to see balance was impossible everything was spinning, this continued for 7 days solid my gp said it was a virus and would pass on its own that was 9 years ago, now I only have around 3 or 4 bad episodes a year I get over them much quicker however my balance is awful i walk with a head tilt and a feeling of being pulled to one side, my anxiety levels are through the roof certain supermarkets I can't even go in anymore, because the lights and shelving make me feel dizzy and off balance I have no confidence left I don't go out on my own have stopped driving lost everything to this stupid illness. Thank you for allowing me to share my illness with you Margaret and everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, Anonymous... pls let me know if you'd like me to post this on my blog site as more than a comment...

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.