September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 3rd, 2018 Mental health update - meds and CBT...

I decided to keep sharing updates re my mental health... privacy does nothing for the stigma of the Anxiety and Depression that often accompany vision and vestibular disorders...

I spoke with my psychiatrist, Dr. Mirsky... I like him - he's a decent guy, and really knows his meds... I updated him, and he discussed the possibility of a med for sleep (that would compliment Prozac) which is an issue for me - Anxiety can hit me hard in the wee hours - but ultimately decided to try raising my Prozac... this will be done in weekly micro-dosing, to get me up to 15 or 20 mg.... he said the first month (which I handled) was the hardest - he's confident I'll be OK... I said I was skeptical, and he said that's part of the Anxiety... if I have problems, I'll shoot him an e-mail, and I see him again in a month...

He also mentioned - because of my migraine/blood sugar diet - my need for glucose (for my brain), and was happy about my apple intake... I also take Cod Liver Oil...


Finally, he stressed that he wants me doing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - CBT and meds are the proven treatment for Anxiety/Depression... hoping my current mental health therapist has the skills... will find out...

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.