September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

April 18, 2020 - doing my best to cope - my how to





My coping strategy these days -
1) breathe - feel the air fill my lungs

2) try to stay busy... keep moving, keep going

3) make music... if you can't make music, do something else creative

4) listen to music - uplifting - nothing that brings me down

5) notice every little thing that's good - flowers blooming, snuggling a pet (they're adorable and thankfully totally unaware of the pandemic)



6) stay connected - reach out to people

7) take in the news, and then move on - leave the weighty decisions to those either with the knowledge and expertise, or talking to those with knowledge and expertise to do the best they can to figure things out.

8) be patient - this pandemic is NOT going to go away overnight

9) try my best to be flexible, to problem solve when necessary with my immediate family, be creative

10) take walks with my family and our dog - getting outside, even if the weather's not wonderful feels good.


11) one day at a time - thinking too much ahead of that, for me, is just crazy making.

12) take a minute to let go of tension - consciously let my muscles let go, relax just for a little while.



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to April 18, 2020 - doing my best to cope - my how to

  1. Yes, I agree getting out in nature and, breathing in the fresh air is so, relaxing. I also, love looking at the beautiful flowers outside and, all the different colors. Of course, music is always good for, the soul. I hope anyone who is dealing with stress will use your tips. I am a witness to it also, it does work. God bless everyone is who is dealing with disorder everyday!

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.