September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 6th, 2019 neurological change - it IS possible


Real, lasting neurological change (a brooaad category - I mean, we're talking about your brain, nervous systems) is really hard work - & is frequently complicated...  but it's possible if -

1) you're motivated - you have to REALLY want it, because it's hard, can take a long time, and you'll want to give up sometimes

2) you own the process - YOU have to want it, not just your health care team, and you have to communicate - what's working, what's not, what's having a positive impact on your life outside of rehab,

3) it's done gradually - being overwhelmed doesn't work - your body/brain needs to process what's happening,

4) you have a support system, and finances are part of this,

5) you get it that progress won't be in a straight line

6) you're not aiming for perfection, because then you'll never feel like you're "there,"

7) you have/acquire the necessary tools (& I don't mean a screwdriver or hammer LOL) - therapies, meds, special diet, etc.

8) you're prepared to work hard, and get the rest you need - which might be a lot,

9) you're prepared to be patient, & persevere... 


After 6 1/2 years of vision therapy, I no longer have the diagnosis of Convergence Insufficiency. I have more work to do to integrate my visual system with my vestibular system.... so yes, Perseverance!


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.