September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 15th, 2019 Investigating... it's all in the trying




I did this "?" today because I'm in investigating mode - & I don't know what's going to work, or even IF something will - neither does Christina.

Julie Andrews came up today with Christina - we talked about the amazing voice she used to have, & how she managed to rebuild, re-create her life, how it must have been a process for her... I mentioned Michael J Fox, who didn't go public about his Parkinson's until 7 years after his diagnosis.

A lot of people write books once they've come out the other side of something major in their lives, & they have an ending of sorts... I'm sharing some of my process - I don't have the ending yet.

Here's my notes as I reviewed what I've done so far... not being a perfectionist, I decided to share my 1 and only draft -



Volunteering that for various reasons isn't a good fit, what I'm doing at home, & 2 possible ideas - one at our local shelter (I love cats & dogs), & one about neural rehab - specifically vision.

I'm fascinated with neurological rehab - something I knew NOTHING about prior to getting sick, & I remembered Dr. Margolis talking to me - probably at least 3 yrs ago - about some kind of interviewing... I said I was interested, but then my depression & anxiety got in the way.

So now I'm thinking "well, what about that? what about learning more about this vision thing?" I have no idea what I can do - I have to reach out to Ann about this, & Dr. Margolis.

I DON'T want to look back "X" number of yrs from now, & say "I didn't try"... there's lots of little ways I'm pushing myself now, challenging myself.  It's frustrating when lots of stuff doesn't work, but I don't need LOTS of stuff to work - I just need 1 or 2.  


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.