September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 30th 2013 - Words and Music

I finished the book thief – not exactly a book I would say that I enjoyed because it's heavy book but it is well worth the time.  Just as death says that humans haunt him this is a book that in some ways it's hard to get through but also the needs to be gotten through.  And for all the sadness I would say it has a hopeful ending.  Celine Dion sings a song for the movie Titanic my heart will go on and there's a line in that song that I love that goes like this "you are safe in my heart and my heart will go on and on" I thought about that line at the end of the book when Liesel is saying goodbye to Rudy and mama and papa. 
Today when I was playing my flute I thought about the fact that movement is really my friend as long as I let it flow out of me and I really like letting my fingers just do what they want to do – it's very different than "practicing" or meeting the expectations of the teacher in terms of how the technical phrase is supposed to go even though sometimes I have spurts of moving my fingers fairly quickly.  I know that I will think about all of this when I someday decide to teach again.  So I am going back to music but I'm not going back to the same place where was and I think in the long run that's going to be and is a better place 

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.