September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

June 30, 2019 gathering info, hopefully leading to answers



I decided to share this in case someone out there will benefit from the info. I know *I* benefit when others share.

With a lot of help from my daughter Cara, I finished Cheri's online auditory/vestibular adult assessment. Cara clicked to save as a pdf, I e-mailed it to Cheri, & she called me this afternoon.

Cheri's going to e-mail me a summary of our conversation, but these are the basics. She wants me to get a sleep study, which means first seeing a neurologist, who would write the order for it.  My husband Ron has a friend who  knows an excellent neurologist at Evanston Hospital, & Ron's going to see if I can get in to see the guy within a month or so.  If the wait's too long, I'll go to the same neurologist my daughter saw - not an outstanding doctor, but definitely competent.

Cheri wants to see if I have central sleep apnea. She's concerned that I actually had a stroke that night back in September 2011. She also wants me to get a referral from the neurologist for an ENT with expertise in vestibular issues and Ménière's. She said there's a possibility I'm in the early stages of Ménière's. I wasn't happy to hear that, but also not surprised.

Cheri said until I know if anything's happening with my sleep, she's recommending that I do home therapy for vision therapy, but not the sessions.  Feldenkrais calms the sensory system, but vision therapy challenges the vestibular system, and that may be stressing my system right now.

So, it's a lot to process, but I clearly need to get as much info as I can, & as much understanding as possible.  It will only be in getting as much information as I can, that I can move forward to live my life as fully as possible.  Cheri really does her homework, for which I'm very thankful.  She really is exceptional.



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.