September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

March 29, 2021 - Focus on - fully embrace - what I CAN do

 


I have limitations because of my invisible disorders, and those limitations mean that I am disabled. Some people seem afraid to use that word – “disabled” – but it’s my truth. It is only in accepting this truth, this reality, that I can embrace what I AM able to do. I still have abilities and interests, and both – my disabilities AND my abilities – make up “me” now.

So, what are some of my abilities now?

 

What my reading (near vision) glasses enable me to do –

I’m grateful that I can read to some degree, and my reading glasses – which have prism as part of the prescription – are hugely helpful. As limited as my reading is, I can’t imagine not being able to read at ALL. My reading glasses also, of course, enable me to write. And enable me to watch videos.

 

Make music –


I’ve talked about my flute, but I also do a bit of piano keyboard. We have an electric, full scale piano keyboard. I never learned to play - I can’t read Bass Clef – but I’m slowly getting more acquainted with making music on our piano. I’ve experimented with very simple chords, and occasionally using both hands.

 

Grow houseplants-

My mother loved gardening – it was a passion of hers. I’m nowhere near as knowledgeable as she was, but I do seem to have a green thumb for houseplants. I keep it simple – sunlight, and the right amount of water, and then get around to re-potting when needed. Here’s a few of them.

 

Outdoor garden -

I love our garden, and delight in seeing things beginning to grow in the Spring. Springtime has always been my favorite season. I also love to spot flowers when my husband Ron and I are out for our daily afternoon walk with our dog. When I’m close enough, I take pictures of the flowers.




Last summer I sent them to family members, including my mom. She loved getting them, and I know she’d be happy that I’m still taking pictures of flowers. I’ll always think of her when I’m taking pleasure in nature, and I know that would make her happy.


Focus on abilities -

So, these are some of the things I CAN do. The life I’m trying to embrace. I want, as much as I can, to be present, and to treasure each and every moment of goodness.

 

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.