September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 3, 2019 - My new normal



I'm special... no really, I am... I'm part of the roughly 1% of the population that has migraine associated vertigo... when I add in my vision disorder, PTSD Anxiety/Depression, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - well, there's just not a whole lot of people out there with my mix of diagnoses.

I know, looking back, how I've spent the last 8 yrs. 8 yrs from now, I don't want to look back and say "well, congrats Tamar, you spent the last 8 yrs feeling sorry for yourself, and angry"... nope, life's too short for that - I don't want to get stuck in sadness, frustration, etc.... I have to do the best I can, make the most of what I've got.

I'm not really thinking 8 years down the road right now. I'll start with one day at a time... but I'll keep in the back of my mind that retrospective thought.

I'll listen to as much audio material as I'm able, which gets me outside my own head, and allows me to learn.

Make music - flute, piano keyboard... listen to whatever comes out of me.

Listen to music - there's SO much wonderful music out there, and I'm grateful I can still listen, in small doses.

Draw - when the mood strikes.

stay connected - however I'm able, with friends and family.

Write, when I have something to say - the stats I gave above may not be accurate, maybe there are more people out there suffering than official stats indicate.

How many out there are looking for answers as I once was? If I can help even one or two people with some of my writing, that's worthwhile.

Enjoy nature - I love the colors of nature - that's why spring is my favorite season when everything bursts to life. The picture I started this piece with, was taken by my daughter Leena some time ago. Lovely, isn't it?

I'll take pleasure in walks with Cosmo, and Ron, and go when possible to the Chicago botanic Garden - I'm lucky to have that gem just a 20 minute drive away.

Here's a picture from a visit this past summer -

Share info and music on my public Facebook page  - trying to spread awareness about invisible disorders – whether vestibular, visual, or mental health.

I want to try to fill my new normal with whatever purpose, meaning, contentment, joy - in bits and pieces - is possible for me.
One more CBG picture 



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.