September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

May 2nd, 2018 Me and my glasses



Here I am with my tinted distance glasses :-) ... these are not the same as my sunglasses - my sunglasses (not pictured, not prescription) have a different tint, and larger lenses/frame.... the blue purse I'm holding in one of the pics is my glasses holder - this allows me to move around with my readers (also not pictured, but which look similar, though less strong, tint) and these distance glasses...

Dr. Margolis (my developmental optometrist) intentionally did not give me bifocals - he felt the adjustment would be too difficult... I agree... 

I am using distance glasses because my vision - particularly my depth perception - is improved when I use them... it feels like my glasses somehow help my eyes to work together properly... the blue tint (a very specific tint only his optician does) helps my sensory system... I don't completely understand this, but I think it partly ties in to helping with anxiety, and dealing with lights is definitely easier... 


Bifocals would be more difficult because I'd have to look through one part of the lens for distance, and one for close up... Although there are disadvantages to switching between my glasses, having two pairs feels easier for me, at least for now, in terms of visual/cognitive processing ....



I'm still getting used to my distance glasses, which I've had about 2 months, but started fairly recently wearing more... I don't wear them all the time yet  - I'm still learning... my brain's still absorbing all this :-)



Photo credit - Ron

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.